I’m back to college Monday so it’s time to look back at the summer and see if I did the things I said I would. Before reading this, make sure to have a look at the original post.
- I did visit/see friends from college. I spent a lot of time in Cork, but one of the best memories I have this summer is going camping after a house party in Kerry to say farewell to a friend going on Erasmus.
- I did a little bit of Spanish over summer, maybe not a whole lot, but still I did something.
- I ordered stuff for my Halloween costume (Black Widow) and the belt and guns arrived so I just need the wig. I kept up with Krav and going to the gym too so at least I wont be rolling into second year.
- I got an article published in my local paper, wrote a few poems and stories, and articles for some websites. I also made sure to update this every now and then. Seeing as I study journalism I’ll just keep on writing.
- I did dedicate some time to educating myself this summer (a little on politics) so at least my brain hasn’t melted!
- The Irish Writers Trip didn’t happen this summer, however, I’ve been saying I’ll do this for about 2 years now so I guess putting it off for another few months or year wont hurt. One day…
- I got a beautiful new tattoo on my left wrist. What’s cute is I found a picture of the same thing drawn onto my wrist from back in 2014 so I think that’s a good indicator that I wont regret it.
- I already blogged about spreading kindness, but if anyone reading this hasn’t read the earlier post, a friend and I dedicated a day to leaving nice sticky notes for people around town. An article I wrote about it will be on alustforlife.ie soon.
I’m pretty happy with how the summer went and even though I have a horrible time tables this semester (all early starts so I’ll be injecting myself with espresso shots to keep me alive) but I miss having a routine and UL.